Entering the Store to Attend Class:
- Prior to entry all students will be asked a series of screening questions (see appendix 1)
- Mask must be worn to pass through the store into the classroom. Once the student is setup at their table in the classroom with all their supplies they can remove their mask. After removing their mask, they should sanitize their hands.
- Students will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry to store. Sanitizer will also be available in classroom.
- Gloves will be provided for those with allergies to sanitizer.
- Each student will be provided a work area that is safely 6 ft from teacher and all other students in classroom.
- Each work station will be equipped with a cutting mat, mini ironing board and iron.
- Students are responsible for all other material needed for class.
- Students are responsible to clear their work stations of all their belongings at the end of each class to facilitate classroom cleaning by store staff.
- As a student if you would like the teacher to approach you with a mask, we ask that you put your mask on as a visual cue to the teacher to do the same. Teachers may prefer to wear their mask during the class period. This is a personal choice.
- A few things to keep in mind when shopping during class time:
- If store is open limit of 3 customers at a time will still need to be respected so students will need to check with staff first to ensure they can enter store front.
- Prior to entering store front, students will need to put on their masks and then sanitize their hands in that order.
- When the store is closed, shopping will be allowed if there is an extra staff member present to accompany the students into the retail area. i.e. Joyce and Cheryl or Roberta and Suzanne.
End of Class:
- To exit classroom and pass back through the store front students will be asked to put your mask back on and sanitize your hands before leaving the classroom.
- No food will be allowed in the classroom. Everyone will need to leave the classroom at lunchtime.
- Drinks in a sealed reusable container will be the only liquids allowed in class. Disposable cups will not be allowed: ie: Tim Hortons cup with cover.
- We ask that you try to limit bathroom usage.
- Door from classroom to store front is to remain closed at all times, even when classes are not in session.
Policy is subject to change, to follow provincial and/or national policy.